Friday 22 March 2019

Kinda Cute, eh?

Oh my goodness, guys! I'm super excited to show you what I've been working on! Patricia, from Kinda Cute by Patricia, has asked me to be a guest on her design team! I'll be showing you 3 projects (just 1 today) over the next few days, with links where you can purchase them for yourself! And let me tell you, these images are SO CUTE!!!!! 


First up is this ADORABLE image called Mermaid Playing with a Yo-Yo which can be found HERE. Can't you just picture her in the mermaid schoolyard showing off her yo-yo tricks to her friends? I just love her so much, and the red hair suits her so well! I can imagine her as a mischievous and imaginative girl always up for an adventure. I really enjoyed colouring her up with my Copic markers. I forgot to write down exactly what colours I used, but the hair was definitely in the YR family, and the greens are G09, G05, and G02. I think. Skin is my usual blend - E04, E000, E00, E21, and possibly E11 (I toss it in from time to time lol)

So... what kind of project should I make with her? How about a bookmark? I grabbed a convenient scrap strip of white cardstock that was lounging on my desk and sponged it up with Distress Oxides in 3 different blue hues. Sponge daubers created the "bubble effect" going up the sides, and then the little bubbles I created with little dots of Glossy Accents. So fun! I love how she stands out against the background.


After that, I rounded off the corners, punched a hole in the top, and added a few different ribbons - tied with a gold thread. The ribbons are from my stash of Stampin' Up! ribbons that I've had for a long time now. They're so pretty, but I don't use them often enough. And voila! bookmark complete! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Please leave a comment to let me know you were here :) You never know - a commenter (either here or when I post it on FB) might receive said bookmark in the mail... And speaking of Facebook, come join the fun over at the Kinda Cute fan group! And speaking of fun... we're celebrating 500 members in the group with games and prizes and stuff! #didsomeonesayprizes?

1 comment:

Snow White - Paper Nest Dolls style!

Hello again! Today I'm showing off one of the newly released Princess/Fairy Tales collection - Princess with Apple - based on Snow Whit...