Monday 12 February 2018

Getting Older

Vanilla Sheet Cake from Costco - YUM!
Last Sunday I turned 40. It's not really sinking in yet - I mean... I just graduated from college a few years ago... didn't I? On second thought, don't answer that! lol! 

You hear often that age is just a number. To be honest, I always thought that was a bit of a cop-out; but the older I get, the more I realize it's true! We are not defined by our ages. It's literally just a number: a descriptor, if you will - like saying I have dark blonde hair. I'm 40. Just a fact, not a definition of my life. I still feel like I'm in my late 20's, and I'm okay with that!

My mother-in-law made a delicious apple cake!
Well, this year we actually had a party. Actually there were 2 - one that I knew about and planned and one that I didn't know about. The one I planned was with my extended family on the van Stee side. Lots of cousins, uncles, and aunts came and we had a lovely afternoon together! I got some really cool gifts and some money (more on that further down)

The next day we had planned (I thought) to pick up Chinese on our way home from church. Well, that didn't happen. Hubby said food was being delivered instead but that we'd better get going or it would arrive home before we did! Come to find out he had invited two families to come celebrate with us - and they brought food! I also received some spa products and art supplies.  

It was a really nice weekend spent with family and friends, and I really felt special! Niek even surprised me with a new sweater that I had seen and really liked and he went back and got it for me a couple months ago! What a sweetheart!

This last picture is what I bought with my birthday money. More crafting supplies! Yay! I am very excited to try the Distress inks, as I've heard wonderful things about them! The bottom item is 12x12 paper and there's a pack of 50 sheets of white cardstock. I also bought some Copic markers, although they are not included in this photo. All in all I got spoiled this birthday! 

P.s. I also received cards and gifts in the mail! I really have the best friends ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Snow White - Paper Nest Dolls style!

Hello again! Today I'm showing off one of the newly released Princess/Fairy Tales collection - Princess with Apple - based on Snow Whit...