Tuesday 13 February 2018

Susie Sunshine from Conie Fong

Hey everyone! It's a bright day here in Southern Ontario with a thick blanket of snow on the ground and crisp, fresh air. How's the weather where you are? 

Today I'm sharing my latest creation with Conie Fong's new release image called Susie Sunshine! She comes with or without the balloon and facing either right or left. Isn't she adorable!?!? To find her in Conie's Etsy shop, click HERE.


 I chose the left-facing version without the balloon for my project and coloured her up with Copics. I would list my colours, but I seem to have misplaced all my little papers that I was writing down my colours on! Oopsy!

I'm fairly certain the dress, shoes, and ribbon are BG09, 15, and 10. The skin is most likely E11, 00, and 000. Other than that, I honestly couldn't tell you, but I can tell you I had fun colouring her! She's so sweet!

I decided to try something different for the background - something I had never tried before, and that is Distress Oxide Inks! I ran a piece of Smoky Slate card stock (from Stampin' Up!) through the Big Shot in the brick wall embossing folder (also SU) and then used the Vintage Photo Oxide ink to bring out the texture of the bricks. I really like how it turned out! For the sentiment, I used chipboards from Make It Crafty and coloured them to match Susie. Then I covered them with Crystal Effects by Stampin' Up! to give it the glossy shine. It feels really cool to run my fingers over it (now that it's fully dry, of course!)

The flowers are by Petal Lu (she has a fabulous FB group where you can enter any cards in her challenge, but you get bonus entries if you use her flowers!) with die cut swirls underneath for the greenery. I hope you'll join us for the February challenge on FB! February's theme is Anything Goes with the option of "Love." 

Come join in the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Snow White - Paper Nest Dolls style!

Hello again! Today I'm showing off one of the newly released Princess/Fairy Tales collection - Princess with Apple - based on Snow Whit...