Sunday 31 March 2019

Its Been Fun!

As March draws to its close, so does my guest designer position with Kinda Cute. It's been really fun to work with the super cute images and make projects for Patricia's team, so I hope I can do it again sometime! Thanks again, Patricia, for the opportunity! You've been great to work with!

For my final project, I made a card using the image: Kids Playing with Sand. Since this is a digital image, I printed it out on Catherine Pooler paper - my all-time favourite paper for colouring with Copic markers. I started with the skin, using E000, E00, E11, and E93.

Next I did the hair, but I don't remember which colours I chose. Imagine my horror when the darkest colour made a big blob on the top of the boy's hair! Oh well, mistakes are just opportunities, right? So I blended it as well as I could and added some darker portions in other areas of the hair to even it out. I think it worked out pretty well, don't you? I went for a blonde blend with the girl's hair, but it ended up MUCH too light, so I kept adding darker colours until I liked it.

When I started the boy's clothing, I realized I had forgotten to colour his legs, so I did that first, then his green shirt and khaki shorts. The challenge was picking colours for the skin and clothing that wouldn't clash or blend too much with each other or with the sand that I would colour later! The boy's shoes are the same colours as his hair, minus the darkest tone. The girl's outfit is R24, R22, and R21, with a touch of R00 in the highlight areas of the shirt. Her shoes are the Neutral grays, and I used N01 - N05. The sand came next, and I used the stippling method with E51, E53, and E55. And last I coloured the shovel with B's and the rake with G's. 

I fussy cut them out and mounted them with pop-dots to make them stand out from the background, which I created with the Krafty Scenery Stencil from Kraftin' Kimmie and 3 different blue Distress Oxide Inks. The sun is a die-cut image from Stampin' Up. And that's about it!

Here's the final card project. Thanks so much for dropping by! I'd love to hear if you've ever been working on a project and made a mistake and how you fixed it. Did you cover it up? Did you blend it out? Did you start all over again? Drop me a comment below :)

If you'd like to see more Kinda Cute Stamps by Patricia, join us in the FB group HERE

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic!! I love your card and the background is great! Thanks for accepting being guest designer. I am glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwwwww, thanks so much! I hope I can do it again sometime!

      Delete

Snow White - Paper Nest Dolls style!

Hello again! Today I'm showing off one of the newly released Princess/Fairy Tales collection - Princess with Apple - based on Snow Whit...