Monday 15 January 2018

Whisper of the Sea - by Aurora Wings


This stunning image is called Whisper of the Sea by Aurora Wings. This is the first time I've coloured up one of the images that is NOT a sprite (see previous posts Christmas Lights Sprite, Gift Card Holder, and Shepherd Sprite for examples of Aurora Wings' adorable sprite images!) and I am so thrilled how she turned out!  

Etsy: Get in JPG or in PNG.
Aurora Wings shop: Get in JPG or PNG 


Copics:
Skin: E33, 11, 00
Hair: 100, C7, BV000
Dress: BG78, 75, 72, 15
Eyes and "Pearls" BV04, 01, 000
Coral: YR21, 02
Lips & Shells: R35, Spectrum Noir CR3, 2, 1
I finished off with a Craft Smart white paint pen to accent the bubbles and her eyes.



I wanted to create some kind of wave/sea scene for her, as I picture her as a sea creature herself with all the shells and coral and things in her hair. I looked through my die collection and found this flourish edge die that reminds me of a wave! Then I realized it was only an edge die. Hmmm, how to incorporate it? An idea popped into mind to use the die in the centre of the cardstock and slide the image "behind" it! I selected Stampin' Up!'s Coastal Cabana cardstock and gave it a go. It was perfect!...except for one thing... it was all one colour and you couldn't make out the patterns in the flourish! Ink and sponges to the rescue! 




To create the sentiment, I die cut the word in white and in black. The white I sponged with Calypso Coral and Blushing Bride (from Stampin' Up!), and the black I glued behind to create a shadow effect. A few foam dots and Voila! Completed project!

I'll be entering this card in the Aurora Wings Challenge #63 and Creatalicious Challenge #131
Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. WOW, Sonya! LOVE your dramatic coloring of Whisper of the Sea! Gorgeous island skin color and that black hair is AMAZING! Brilliant use of that gorgeous edge die (I think I need that one You must let my know who it is from) and the inking really brought out the fabulous details. Love how you've done the sentiment, too. Thanks so much for joining our Anything Goes Challenge this month at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Donna, your words always brighten my day! Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colouring. Amazing work.Thanks for sharing with us at Creatalicious, we hope you will join us again soon. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Meighan! Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving me such a nice note! I do plan to join you again soon :)

      Delete
  4. Stunningly coloured and beautifully composed.
    Thank you for joining in with us at Creatilious Challenges.

    Buffy(DT) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Buffy! Thank you so much for your comment! I really appreciate your kind words :)

      Delete
  5. WOW!!!! This is so stunning Sonya.... I just love your colorchoises and your layout. Fantastic... you left me in ave... Thanks so much for joining our Anything Goes Challenge this month at Aurora Wings. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwwww, thank you so much, Ann-Marie! That's so nice :)

      Delete
  6. WWWOOOWWW; what a creation
    Thanks for sharing with us at Creatalicious, we hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs DT Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the darker complexion you gave this mermaid, Sonya! She looks beautiful and totally like a mermaid who spends her time out in the sea in the sun. Great design using the pretty edge die. Thank you for joining us for the ATG challenge at AW. Mitzi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mitzi! I just love colouring up your gorgeous images!

      Delete
  8. A wonderful card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional cute” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    (DT Stempel-Magie)


    PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…

    ReplyDelete

Snow White - Paper Nest Dolls style!

Hello again! Today I'm showing off one of the newly released Princess/Fairy Tales collection - Princess with Apple - based on Snow Whit...