Tuesday 3 July 2018

7 Kids Design Team and another ATC

Well, Gang! Lots of changes happening these days! As you probably already know, I "lost my mojo" there for a while: it wasn't a good time for me emotionally the past several months, but I'm back on track! I was able to go to Idaho for an EPIC crafty retreat, and that was what helped me get back to colouring and creating again.


Thank you SO MUCH to Kelly Neis and her company, 7 Kids Craft store, for putting on the retreat, and to Jammie Clark for having me at her place and letting me use all her crafty supplies! As a direct result of that weekend, I was asked to join the 7 Kids Design Team, beginning in July. I am so honoured and excited! 



My first project is an ATC created with this adorable kitty stamp by CC Designs called Cutie Cats. I coloured him up with my copics and then fussy cut him out for the card.

For those who don't know, an ATC is an Artist Trading Card and is only 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches in size. I used Catherine Pooler paper, which you can also get from the store (and there's a 30% off sale happening RIGHT NOW, but only until the 4th). I just noticed, however, that it's currently out of stock. It's fabulous paper for colouring with Copics. Personally, I've found it to be pretty comparable to Copic Xpress It card stock. 



First I pencilled in my background, then I traced it with my black multiliners and coloured with copics. And here's the final result! Thanks so much to Amy Young for inspiring me to try my own backgrounds!


Thanks for stopping by! If you'd like to join us for bi-weekly challenges over at 7 Kids, follow THIS LINK to our FB page! And don't forget about the 30% off sale going on right now until tomorrow, July 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Snow White - Paper Nest Dolls style!

Hello again! Today I'm showing off one of the newly released Princess/Fairy Tales collection - Princess with Apple - based on Snow Whit...